Monday, December 22, 2008

Expectations

How often do we hold expectations for others?

This is a question that has come to mind recently. Sometimes I think I have these thoughts of where I think someone should be at or what I think they should be doing. Usually what happens is that they don't do that or they decide to do something else and then I feel let down.

I really don't think this is healthy because it almost make people into our own personal slaves, to do whatever we want them to do. If they don't do it, we make them feel guilty...whether that is a sly comment made at dinner or a sarcastic joke a few days later, or just ignoring them for a few weeks.

Why can't we allow each other to grow at different rates? Why do we constantly feel that everyone has to be on the same track as us? There is a time and place for confronting our friends on an issue, but this is definitely not that and I think this actually promotes the kingdom of satan.


No comments:

Post a Comment