Saturday, July 11, 2009

Where's My Daddy?

Today I had an interesting and depressing moment.

My head was beginning to become itchy and flaky, due to my scalp condition. I decided that I was going to shave it and get rid of my side burns. Harlo was taking a nap while I got this done today.

When she woke up from her nap, I went into her room to get her. After she saw me, she let out a gut wrenching "some bald guy is in my room and is picking me up" yell! At first, I thought she hurt herself. But it became very obvious that she did not recognize me at all.

Ever since then she has not recognized me as her daddy. She looks at me as if I'm a stranger, and at first she would not even let me hold her without crying. I never thought this would effect me as much as it did. Now when I hold her she opens wide her beautiful blue eyes, as if she is unsure about me. She no longer acts comfortable and free when I'm with her.

I know that this will probably pass very quickly, but it is something that hit a soft cord in my heart with my baby girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment