Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pyramid Version 2.0

So this time around, I got my friend Mikey T to help me make a cat jig by connecting pieces of wood. It was very precise and stable, and I think that was part of the reason why this turned out better than the last one.

The last time took a total of about 50 hours. This time, it took a total of about 30 hours, and the sewing is down more accurately this time. I also used heavier thread.

Below are photos of the tent (one of the photos was taken on a different day).

The pole height is 72.5" and is in five separate pieces, that fit into the tent bag. With the stuff sack, poles, tent and stakes, it all weighs 2lbs 9.5oz (or 41.5 ounces). I'm hoping that adding a floor and a perimeter netting will total around 3.5 lbs.

I'm thinking about converting from using trekking poles to using a hiking staff/stick and use this as the center pole. This would save around 9.5 ounces. But I also like having the collapsible pole as an option.










No comments:

Post a Comment