Thursday, October 30, 2008

Managing Stress

It seems that I go through these phases where I get more stressed out much more easily. Sometimes I feel like I am on a roller coaster ride, and that I can't seem to get on top of things. I definitely don't want to have things be easy all the time, but sometimes I get worn out if I feel like I'm putting in 110% into something, but I'm not getting anywhere. That is what I fear...that my hard work is actually not paying off.

Is it wrong for me to want to be as productive as possible? Is it wrong to not want to feel like I am getting somewhere and not just spinning my wheels all the time? Is it wrong for me to not want to waste time?

I'm not asking for a perfect environment, where everything goes as planned. Because I know that is not possible. What I think I need to do is evaluate my strengths and my weaknesses and figure out how to best utilize those in all areas of my life.

Tonight I spent some time doing research on dealing with stress. I learned that there are things I can do to cope with stress, and that I need to do a good job of staying away from the things that stress me out. Below are some links to the sites that I found very useful:


The fact of the matter is that we all handle stress differently, and it effects us all in different ways. In the last few years I have become increasingly aware of what stresses me out and how I can flourish.


No comments:

Post a Comment