Saturday, January 10, 2009

Web Programming

I think it is time to expand my horizon. I've worked with PHP for almost 10 years now and I started getting into the OO stuff about 4 years ago. But I think it would do me some good to learn other languages.

I can work with Javascript on a basic level and I've done some AJAX stuff. I might look into Ruby on Rails or maybe even jump into some Microsoft stuff (I've written a few web applications in C# and ASP .NET 2.0, but haven't done a ton of work with it).

I also think I am going to try to launch some websites. I'm not sure where this will lead to, but it has been something that has been burning inside of me for the last three years....I put together websites for other people, and with all the experience I have...why not launch a few of my own and see what I can do? I got a few ideas that I might pursue, and I want to do a lot of research before I launch any of them.

If you have any cool ideas for a website, just let me know and we might be able to partner up.

Also, if you know of any useful Open Source development tools, please let me know. Below are ones that I recently found out about:
  • Notepad++ (text/programming editor)
  • FileZilla (FTP)


No comments:

Post a Comment