Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Website Ideas

I've spent some time doing research on creating profitable websites. Come to find out this topic seems to be pretty popular on the internet (in other words I'm not the only one doing research on this).

Below is my plan of attack:

- Do a lot of research and come up with a list of possible website ideas. I will also base my ideas on keyword research in figuring out which ideas I think have the best chance of being the most profitable. I will also be talking to friends and family for possible ideas.

- Choose the top 5 website ideas out of that list. Work on launching the first idea by choosing a domain name.

- Find an affordable host where I can host my websites for relatively cheap.

- Put the content/programming together. Then look into promoting the site.

At first I was kind of dissapointed by the mass amounts of websites that are out there right now. But then I realized that the Internet is still a pretty new industry and there are probably an infinite amount of ideas or categories that have not been fully tapped yet.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Chris,

    Thanks for the email... it's nice hearing from you.

    Since you're talking about domains, I wanted to mention a few that I have in case you can think of anything to do with them. I would like to develop some of them if you have a good idea.

    stockpublish.com
    pixtix.com
    onestatus.com
    merchaccount.com
    uregistrar.com
    collaborativebranding.com
    riotstudio.com
    foreclosuresalert.com
    indie-label.com
    indystartups.com
    namemonetize.com
    web20bubble.com

    By the way, Brian and I are planning on getting a cheap VPS account from Steadfast.net for personal projects. We have used them the last couple years and have been pretty happy. We can talk about it if you want to split it with us... I know another guy who may want in, so it'll be cheap and you'd get root access which is always helpful.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the domain list. I'm really just trying to get into the game of making money off of websites for profit. I'll let you know if I come up with anything for those domains.

    I would totally be interested in splitting a VPS server with you guys, depending on the cost. Which account were you thinking of going with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were planning on going with the Copper VPS plan but if there's a need for more space we might get the next level. It's $8/month to add cPanel so per person is between $9-13 a month, depending on whether we get the Copper or Nickel.

    I'll email you some ideas I had for those domains.

    ReplyDelete